Saturday, December 24, 2011

My soul magnifies the Lord...

Every year after Christmas Eve Mass in Ignatius Chapel at Loyola, I like to be the last one to leave, so that I can spend some time in quiet prayer, after "working" through Mass - preparing to play each song, listening for cues, then cleaning up after Mass and our pot luck.

Tonight as I sat there in the mostly darkness by myself, I realized just how happy I was.  More than happy - joyful (thanks Joe, Kurt, and everyone else who models joy as an expression of faith in my life).  I was so deeply joyful, in fact, that I didn't know what to do with it.  What does one do with a joy that makes you feel like bursting?  And then the answer came to me - burst!  Let it out, share it.  Write some music, work on a piano piece, write some poetry, or... blog about it!  So here it is.  Joy to the world, the Lord has come! Let earth receive her King!

Merry Christmas, and peace to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment